Do your shoes and waistbelt always need to match?
No, not always!
However, it does need to match for occasions that where you dress to impress. Be it a job interview or a dinner date with your beloved, it’s necessary to have enough fashion and dressing sense to not come off as an insincere and nonserious person. That’s why an amalgam of colors for your leathers looks too much tacky. Yes, it is as it is!
How to Co-ordinate Your Shoes And Waistbelt?
To match these accessories, there are some rules that you need to follow to make yourself look extra dapper and handsome.
Rules To Follow
All of the rules pertaining to this revolve around matching the colors of these leathers with each other and with your clothes.
Match The Colors!
- Your shoes and waistbelts should always match. Though, it’s not compulsory to even match tone and shade.
- Black on black and brown on brown are the ultimate best choices for every type of clothes.
- Black shoes on a brown belt and vice versa is always a big NO.
- If you are invited to a black-tie event and decide to wear clashing colors for your leathers, you are going to ruin your looks as it can divert the attention of your observers from your expensive tuxedo.
- The biggest dilemma for most of the men is whether your footwear and dress match. The simplest answer is; if you are confused then the most probable answer is NO.
Match With Your Clothes!
- Leather needs to match with each other, and not necessarily with clothes. Though, it’s even better if you match them with your tie.
- If you are wearing a white shirt with black slacks, the better option is sharp colored leathers to spice it all up, like dark rich brown.
Match Your Metals!
- Belt buckles should be matched appropriately with the belt material like silver looks better on black and golden on brown. Bronze suits both though.
- Metals should never be allowed to clash. Belt buckles, metal studs on jackets, watch dial, and any other metallic accessory should co-ordinate accordingly.